TOUR TO ARSHAN AND TUNKA VALLEY
- 8:00 Departure from Irkutsk
- 10:00 Breakfast with a spectacular view to the Southern Baikal shoreOur first stop for a breakfast at the cafe on mountain serpentine with beautiful views to the lake.
- 11:00 Badary observatory. Badary is scientific station, where Siberian physicists do the reseach of solar activity. Over 200 satellite dishes move following the Sun all day round. The cross formed by them is so big that it could be easily seen on Google Maps. We walk here, enjoying the Harmony between Science and Nature.
- 12:00 Arshan, famous mineral water resort. All the way through the valley we are followed by high Sayan mountains and finally we come to their roots. Arshan is located right at the bottom of these mountains, and it is a good place for walking and hiking. We take a short hike to the waterfall, see 500-year old larch tree, taste healing mineral water, and , of course, bargain at local crafts and herbs market.
- 15:00 Lunch with pozy. Pozy are meat dumplings, cooked on steam. It is a native buryat meal, symbolizing wealth of the yurt (ger). Local cuisine is based on meat, which is one of the best in the world here, because cows here are grown in natural way, not at farms.
- 16:00 Crater of a dormant volcano. Volcanic activity at Tunka valley was not stopped at all. We see several dormant volcanic hills along the road and visit one of them, which was mined. This is a unique chance to see volcano from the inside.
- 17:00 Zhemchug village with hot springs. After Arshan we’re coming back to the main road, heading to the Mongolian border pass, and will drive about 20 km to Zhemchug village with hot springs, opened all year around. It is also a good opportunity to see simple life of Buryat people. Temperature of hot springs is +55C, recommended bath time is 10-25 minutes. Please take swimming suit and towel!
- 18:00 Departure from Zhemchug. After recharging of our internal “batteries” we start our way back to Irkutsk.
- 21:00 Arrival in Irkutsk. We arrive to Irkutsk and drop off where you need.
Price and Policies:
1 person – 11000 rub,
2 persons – 7000 rub per person,
3 persons – 6000 rub per person.
4-8 persons – 5000 rub per person
Large group – ask for a special price!
Price includes all transfers and sightseeing, national park fees, local guide services. Breakfast, lunch and hot spring fee (200 rub per person) are paid extra.
For the hot springs please take your swimming suit, towel and slippers.